Founded April 14, 1864
52 S. Dock St.
Sharon, Pa. 16146
The Herald is the leading daily newspaper in the Mercer County, Pa., area. We cover the Mercer County and the Shenango Valley as well as adjacent towns in the New Wilmington/Volant area of Lawrence County, Pa., and Brookfield/Masury area of Trumbull County, Ohio. (MAP AND LIST OF TOWNS WE COVER)
Mercer County is on the western border of Pennsylvania and includes the crossroads of Interstates 80 and 79. We are about 75 miles each south of Erie, Pa., north of Pittsburgh, Pa., and southeast of Cleveland, Ohio. We are a day's drive west of Philadelphia and New York City and a long day's drive southeast of Chicago.
We publish mornings every day of the year except Christmas Day.
The Sharon Herald Co. is owned by Community Newspaper Holdings Inc. (CNHI), Montgomery, Ala. The Herald's sister newspaper locally is the twice-a-week Allied News in Grove City, Pa.
- MAIN OFFICE: 52 S. Dock St., Box 51, Sharon, Pa. 16146
Telephone: (724) 981-6100 or (800) 981-1692 (toll-free in Pa., Ohio and NY)
News and business fax: (724) 981-5116
Advertising fax: (724) 981-7844
Office hours: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. (Eastern) Monday through Friday. Closed Saturday and Sunday.
|Calling after hours|
Dial any extension to talk or leave voice mail,
or press these general numbers:
|2. ||Newsroom ||
|3. ||Sports ||
- WEBSITE and ONLINE ADVERTISING:
- PRINTING PLANT: We are printed 20 miles away in New Castle, Pa. Advertising inserts for publication must be shipped directly to West Penn Printing, 103 River Park Drive, off Samson Street, New Castle. Call (724) 981-6100 or (724) 654-6651 for directions.
- ALLIED NEWS (our sister weekly; published Wednesdays and Saturdays): 201 Erie St., Grove City, 16127
(724) 458-5010; fax: 458-1609
- FAQ FOR RESEARCHERS: We get myriad requests for information from our files. Here are answers to frequently asked questions.
Now you can subscribe online
to Herald print or digital editions or manage your account for delivery problems or vacations. Click here for details
- LATE OR MISSING PAPER: You should receive your Herald by 6 a.m. weekdays and by 7 a.m. weekends. If you don't, call the circulation department at (724) 981-6100 or (800) 981-1692 by 6 to 8 a.m. weekdays and 7 to 11 a.m. weekends or click here to contact us online.
If you don't have a touchtone phone, you can reach Circulation after hours at (724) 981-5624.
- SINGLE COPY:
60 cents daily, $1.25 Sunday
Find a news dealer or vending box
- SUBSCRIPTIONS to PRINT and DIGITAL and BACK ISSUES:
To subscribe, contact Circulation at (724) 981-6100 or (800) 981-1692 (in Pa., Ohio, NY) between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. ET weekdays. We accept major credit cards. Circulation also has a limited number of back issues for sale.
Click here for Total Access print and digital rates and to subscribe online.
- FRAME A MEMORY: We are pleased to offer reprints of your favorite Herald pages or photographs, suitable for framing or even custom framed and ready for you to gift wrap. Click here for ordering details
» Retail/National/Classified Rate Card Includes ad sizes and production requirements; dates of special supplements and tabloids; combination buys with Allied News and other products.|
Rate card files required the free
Adobe Acrobat Reader software.
Back to TOP
About us //
Reaching us //
Missing paper or how to subscribe
Order page and photo reprints //
Advertising rate cards //
Copyright ©2004-2014 The Sharon Herald Co. All rights reserved.
or retransmission in any form is prohibited without our permission.