Buhl Day '98 main page
Last year's Buhl Day coverage
STORY ABOUT HONOREE
HOME: Koonce Road, Hermitage
EDUCATION: Graduated from Chatham Hall, Chatham, Va.; earned a bachelor's degree in education at Wheelock College in Boston; did postgraduate work at Pennsylvania State University.
EMPLOYMENT: Worked as a substitute teacher in Sharon and Hermitage school districts; serves as a mediator for the Pennsylvania Department of Special Education.
FAMILY: Married for 40 years to Paul Achre, with three children and three grandchildren.
- President of Community Child Care Center.
- Served as president, planning division chair, residential campaign chair, and professional division chair and on the executive and budget committees of the United Way of Mercer County.
- Chair of Young People's Concert Committee.
- First Presbyterian Church, Sharon, board of deacons and elders.
- Serves as F.H. Buhl Trustee.
- President-elect of Sharon Rotary Club.
- Head Start of Mercer County.
- First Western Bank Trust Services Co. board of directors.
- Shenango Campus of Pennsylvania State University board of directors.
- Executive director of Mercer County Association for Children with Learning Disabilities.
- College Club of Sharon
- Mercer County League of Women Voters.