Enter and win: More than $1,000 in prizes to be given away!
GRAND PRIZE: $250 CASH;
CATEGORY WINNERS: $75 GROCERY CERTIFICATE
Here's how to enter:
- Eating Light (Eating light would include traditional favorite
recipes revised to cut fat and calories. Recipes for this category can be
for any type of dish.)
- Ethnic Dishes
- Main Dish/ Casseroles
- All entries must be received by mail or delivered in person to the
Herald's Sharon office at 52 S. Dock St., no later than noon Oct. 1, 1997.
Entries after this date cannot be considered. Mail entries to RECIPE CONTEST,
The Herald, P.O. Box 51, 52 S. Dock St., Sharon, PA 16146. (E-mail entries will NOT be accepted, but you may print the coupon above and attach it to your entry)
- All entries will be published in a special section in The Sunday Herald
on Oct. 26, 1997.
- All entries must be typed or neatly printed on 8 1/2" x 11"
plain white paper, using one side only, and contain correct and complete
instructions to be eligible. Illegible ingredients and directions will disqualify
- Contest is open to the general public, but excludes professional chefs/cooks and employees of The
Herald, Allied News and The Hubbard Press.
- One entry per person per category.
- 18 finalists (3 in each category) will be contacted by telephone on
or about Oct. 9 and 10, 1997, and must be available to participate in
the judging (bakeoff) on Saturday, Oct. 18, 1997.
- Decisions of the judges will be final.
Questions? Contact Linda Linonis, community editor, (412) 981-6100, Ext. 236, or Nancy Ash, editorial assistant, Ext. 239, or send e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Sorry, entries will NOT be accepted via e-mail.
Back to TOP // Main 1997 contest page //
1996 cookbook online //
The Herald HOME
Updated Sept. 12, 1997
For info about advertising on our site or Web-page creation:
Copyright ©1997 The Sharon Herald Co. All rights reserved.
or retransmission in any form is prohibited without our permission.