Buhl Day 2000 main page
Last year's Buhl Day coverage
Olive M. Brown
EDUCATION: Graduated from Sharon High School; certified through the Bereavement Support and Hospice Program; certified through the National Black Women's Health Project; certified through the Leadership Development Institute.
EMPLOYMENT: Coordinator of Minority Health Advocacy Committee for the Department of Community Health Services of Sharon Regional Health System.
FAMILY: Five children, 11 grandchildren and a great-grandchild.
- Board member of American Heart Association.
- Board member of Prince of Peace Center, Farrell.
- Chairperson of Farrell Human Relations Commission.
- Board member of Sharon Community Health Center.
- Vice chairperson of Sharon Regional Health System's Employee Development Fund.
- Member of Farrell Area School Board Foundation.
- Missionary for Greater Mount Zion Church of God in Christ, Farrell.
- Vice president of Erie District Ushers.
- Member of Women's Christian Council.
- Coordinator of Women of Zion 2000.
- Member of Shenango Valley Christian Women's Fellowship.
- Member of Greater Farrell and Wheatland Community Affairs Committee.
- A member of the former PSFPA Minority Recruitment Grand Committee Member -- Children and Youth Services Division.
- Member of Gateway Task Force.
- Democratic Committeewoman for a Farrell precinct.
- Member of Shenango Valley Urban League Guild.
- Member of Family Living Advisory Board for Mercer County Cooperative Extension.
- Member of Mercer County Providers Committee.
- Instrumental in starting Wheels to Work program in the Shenango Valley.
- Member of People-N-Action.
- Founder of Wheels for Kids.
- Co-chairman for Endorse Resistance of All Substance Abuse Everywhere or ERASE, an anti-drug coalition.
- Organizer of Sharon North Flats Reunion.
- Organizer of Future of Farrell Walk, raising more than $12,000 to benefit the community.