Buhl Day '97 main page
Last year's Buhl Day coverage
Story about Mrs. Yarboro
HOME: Cross White Drive, Hermitage
EDUCATION: Graduated from West Virgina State College with a bachelor's degree in sociology and psychology and received a master's degree in social work from West Virginia University.
EMPLOYMENT: Worked as a consultant for a number of local agencies and schools including Shenango Valley Urban League, Nugent Convalescent Home and Thiel College. Served as interim director for both AW/ARE and the Community Counseling Center
FAMILY: Married for 36 years to Dr. Theodore L. Yarboro with three children and six grandchildren.
- Served on the housing ad hoc board committee for AW/ARE.
- Mercer County Children and Youth Services board.
- Mercer County Adult Literacy Council board.
- Mercer County National Association for the Advancement of Colored People board and past president.
- Shenango Valley Urban League Guild charter member and past president.
- Shenango Valley Urban League board.
- Mercer County Children's Aid Society board.
- Young Men's Christian Association board.
- Hermitage School District Citizen's Advisory Council member.
- Mercer County Crippled Children's Society board, now Mercer County Education and Rehabilitation.
- Mercer County Mental Health/Mental Retardation charter member, board member and past president.
- Family Guidance Clinic, now the Community Counseling Center, board member and past president.
- Shenango Valley Capital and Charitable Improvement Association.
- Mercer County Drug Council, charter and board member.
- Mercer County Medical Society Auxiliary member and past president.
- Frontiers International Ladies Auxiliary.
- Christian Associates of Shenango Valley.
- Ruth African Methodist Evangelical Zion Church member since 1964 and former Vacation Bible School director, chair of the board of trustees and member of Steward Board.
- Church of Women United member who helped plan and implement the day care center in First Presbyterian Church, Sharon.
- Alpha Kapp Alpha Sorority member and past president.
- Appointed by Gov. Bob Casey and Gov. Dick Thornburg to Trail Court Nominating Committee of Mercer County.
- Named one of 21 from around the country to serve a three-year term on the U.S. Department of Agriculture National Advisory Council on Maternal, Infant and Fetal Nutrition.
- Invited to participate in a seminar on parent-child communication and adolescent behavior at Temple University.
- Appointed to the Pennsylvania initiative on teen-age pregnacy charter member of the statewide steering committee.
Served three years on the the state's Community Services Block Grant Task Force.
Story about Mrs. Yarboro