Local news headlines
Thursday, June 24, 1999
These are the top stories in today's print edition. Pick up a copy on the newsstand or contact us for convenient home delivery.
The full text of these stories is NOT online (unless you see the headline is a link). Posting headlines is our first step toward increased posting of local news and photos.
Summaries of the week's news appear in the Sunday edition. Current and past chronologies are posted on our site.
Day-by-day links to past headlines and death records also are on our server.
Lunch hour without power; Truck takes transformers out at plaza; Outage forces evacuation and snarls traffic
Hearing on Westinghouse cleanup is today
Pair waive hearing in after-prom assault case
- SHENANGO VALLEY:
4-lane Rt. 18 section slated for August milling, repaving
Officials eye school safety
Police look for boy who wasn't lost
- PYMATUNING TOWNSHIP:
Reynolds car-pole accident causes Transfer-area outage
Owner had sought DEP approval to burn arson-destroyed house
Teachers, students on same page with summer reading program
- GROVE CITY:
Cancer Society closes Grove City office
- TRUMBULL COUNTY:
Commissioners buy new recall units for 911
- MERCER COUNTY:
Local Amateur Radio League members participating in field day this weekend
First National buys Meadville insurance agency
Todd who? Yankee Lake headliner Rundgren shuns fame in favor of fans' fidelity
Cabaret singers Blackson, Maluso to play Buhl Farm
- WESTERN PENNSYLVANIA, EASTERN OHIO:
Festivals provide opportunities to go medieval
- SHARON :
Free concerts in Sharon begin Saturday with Kalico band
- NEW WILMINGTON:
Patinkin, Bacharach headline Westminster Celebrity Series
Thiel Choir looks back on 45 years with reunion shows
Playhouse seeking 'Mere Mortals' for production
Brass band keeps British tradition alive
Today's death record
(Full texts of obituaries are not online yet but will be soon, with eventual postings back to January 1996)
- Joseph P. Kittredge Jr., 88, of 6010 E. State St., Hermitage.
- Carmella Kusmus, 58, Niles, Ohio.
- Pearl Lustig, 77, of 103 Meadowbrook Road, Hermitage.
- Paul N. McDermitt, 59, of 5A Pine Grove, Coolspring Township.
- Ralph E. McWhirter, 91, Hempfield Township, formerly of 495 Coolspring Church Road, Coolspring Township.
- Marie Metts, 85, Youngs-town.
- Josephine Airbell Norris, 83, Pine Township, formerly of Lot 19 Evergreen Mobile Home Park, Mercer; and Halls Road, Butler.
- Evangeline Shannon, 78, of 716 Rutledge Road, Transfer
Go to TOP //
Previous days' headlines for 1999 // 1998 // 1997 // Herald
Local news // Herald
For info about advertising on our site or Web-page creation:
Copyright ©1999 The Sharon Herald Co. All rights reserved.
Reproduction or retransmission in any form is prohibited without our permission.